Projects Interim Staffing / Planning Support
Under the direction of the Assistant City Manager, Interwest provided interim staffing assistance to the City of South Gate. Interwest provided three interim staff members, including an interim Community Development Director, within two weeks of the request. These staff members functioned as an extension of the City’s staff until permanent replacements were recruited.
Interwest staff assisted the City with a variety of planning services including:
- Tending the planning counter
- Processing planning applications
- Coordinating the review of planning projects with City divisions and departments
- Reviewing and/or overseeing projects for compliance with CEQA and other environmental regulatory requirements
- Attending Planning Commission and City Council meetings